The classic scientific wonder has amazed children and adults for years. It's fascinating to watch, easy to use, and scientific fun for everyone!
Simply dip his beak in a glass of water and he will keep "drinking" again and again on his own!
This funky little fowl has not only been around for almost one hundred years, but it has become a staple of your high school chemistry and physics classes.
The Original Drinking Bird demonstrates a number of physical laws, including The Combined and Ideal Gas laws, the Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution law, Heat of Vaporization, Center of Mass, Torque, and Capillary Action. Contrary to popular belief, the Original Drinking Bird is not an example of a Perpetual Motion Machine. Rather it is an example of a Heat Engine.
How does it work?
1. Add water to The Original Drinking Bird's head and the water immediately begins to evaporate.
2. The evaporation lowers the temperature of the head which then causes the liquid contents of the bird's head to condense.
3. Together, the lower temperature and condensation cause the pressure to drop in the bird's head.
4. The difference in the pressure of the head and the abdomen causes the liquid contents to be pushed upward.
5. As the liquid flows from the abdomen to the head, it becomes top heavy and dips over into the glass of water, starting the process over again.
Recommended for Ages 8+
WARNING: Choking Hazard - Contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years.
Caution: FLAMMABLE! Contains Dichloromethane. Do not use near heat or flames. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with water. If irritation persists, get medical attention. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Foam-Covered Head & Beak
- Glass Tube
- Plastic Leg Base
- Easy Assembly
- Recommended for Ages 8+
- Contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years.
Save EVEN MORE when you buy more!
Get one for $9.99
Save an additional $4.00 and get two for $15.98
Save an additional $6.00 and get three for $23.97
Save an additional $8.00 and get four for $31.96
Save an additional $10.00 and get five for $39.95